Age Elearning Course
Age Elearning Course
Realising the benefits of an age diverse workforce
Age is probably the most common form of discrimination in the workplace.
Take George, who was made redundant in his 50s and wanted a less stressful job closer to home, but found it difficult to be taken seriously in interviews.
Would your staff be able to look beyond the common assumptions and misconceptions due to his age?
More and more organisations are reaping the business rewards of a mixed age workforce. Make sure yours is one of them.
Under the Equality Act 2010 it is illegal to discriminate against employees, job seekers or trainees on grounds of age. This exclusive training solution, available in e-learning and video formats, provides guidance on best practice in the workplace and emphasises the value of an age diverse workforce.
It is aimed at employees of all levels including foundation level employees, HR managers, diversity specialists, trainers and advisers, senior managers/executives and operational managers/executives.
This course doesn’t just consider organisations' and individuals' responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010 – it looks beyond compliance. The course content will ensure that your staff gain the knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a diverse team.
Part 1 includes
- Manager’s module on when people join, are working or leaving
- Assessment quiz.
Part 2 Includes
- Case studies
- Assessment quiz.
Please contact us if you would like more information on how to order e-learning courses.
- Developing Leadership Skills – How to manage people effectively
- Get That Job – A practical guide to the job search process
- It's About Time - How to achieve more – in less time and with less stress
- Relating To Your Customers – How to meet and exceed customer expectations
- The Resilient Mindset – Face the future with confidence
- Under Pressure – Successfully coping with stress
- Valuing Diversity in Teams – How to ensure effective team-working
- Your Next Step – Develop your career within your organisation
- Assert Yourself – How to communicate effectively
- The Write Way – How to write effective correspondence and other documents
- Performance Appraisal – Constructive staff feedback to help unlock individual potential
- Social Media in the Workplace – Managing the impact and use of social media in the workplace
'Age: Realising the benefits of an age diverse workforce' will enable your staff to have a better understanding of:
- Employers' and employees' responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010.
- Why age is a key aspect of diversity.
- Why it is misleading, unreasonable and unlawful to make assumptions about people's abilities based on age alone.
- How an 'age-balanced' workforce can give your organisation a healthy combination of fresh thinking, new ideas, stability and experience.
- How to create the right atmosphere so your organisation can reap the benefits of a mixed age workforce.
- What actually constitutes harassment on the grounds of age
- Age laws designed to protect employees throughout their working lives.
Our off-the-shelf elearning courses combine video drama with documentary sequences and interactive study to provide flexible, cost-effective training that delivers results.
- Powerful drama trigger scenes
- Expert commentary and analysis
- Flexible interactive learning modules
- Step-by-step assessment
- Customisation to suit your organisation's needs
- Low cost per head
Many of our e-learning courses have a corresponding video-based trainer resource.
Our Elearning courses are built to be fully SCORM compliant, which means they will upload and run seamlessly on your in-house Learning Management System.
Alternatively, we can host the courses for you on our own user-friendly, web-based Learning Management System. This system makes it easy to deliver and track our elearning content, and our clear and concise reports give you access to the data you need for compliance or management reports.
Contact us for more information