Working with disabled customers and colleagues
Move beyond disability awareness to become disability confident.
Would staff in your organisation know the right way to deal with a customer or colleague with a physical or visual impairment and be comfortable about doing so rather than feel awkward or embarrassed?
This learning resource provides the practical steps you need to take in order to serve disabled customers, and to work with disabled colleagues and staff.
This exclusive training resource available in e-learning and video formats, provides guidance on best practice in the workplace and emphasises the value of a diverse workforce. It is aimed at employees of all levels including foundation level employees, HR managers, diversity specialists, trainers and advisers, senior managers/executives and operational managers/executives.
This course doesn't just explain the requirement under the Equality Act 2010 - it looks beyond compliance. The course content and structure will ensure that your staff gain the knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a disability confident team.
The elearning course includes:
- Part 1 – A new perspective on disability
- Part 2 – Communication skills
- Part 3 – Law and best practice, Assessment quiz
- Developing Leadership Skills – How to manage people effectively
- Get That Job – A practical guide to the job search process
- It's About Time - How to achieve more – in less time and with less stress
- Relating To Your Customers – How to meet and exceed customer expectations
- The Resilient Mindset – Face the future with confidence
- Under Pressure – Successfully coping with stress
- Valuing Diversity in Teams – How to ensure effective team-working
- Your Next Step – Develop your career within your organisation
- Assert Yourself – How to communicate effectively
- The Write Way – How to write effective correspondence and other documents
- Performance Appraisal – Constructive staff feedback to help unlock individual potential
- Social Media in the Workplace – Managing the impact and use of social media in the workplace
- Disability being a key issue for all staff, not just those responsible for facilities
- Attitudes to disability
- The requirements of the Equality Act 2010
- The most appropriate ways to work with disabled colleagues and how to communicate and serve disabled customers
- The types of 'reasonable adjustments' that need to be made for staff and customers with disabilities
- Promoting appropriate behaviour in relation to deliberate bullying and harassment
- The knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a diverse team.
Our off-the-shelf elearning courses combine video drama with documentary sequences and interactive study to provide flexible, cost-effective training that delivers results.
- Powerful drama trigger scenes
- Expert commentary and analysis
- Flexible interactive learning modules
- Step-by-step assessment
- Customisation to suit your organisation's needs
- Low cost per head
Many of our e-learning courses have a corresponding video-based trainer resource.
Our Elearning courses are built to be fully SCORM compliant, which means they will upload and run seamlessly on your in-house Learning Management System.
Alternatively, we can host the courses for you on our own user-friendly, web-based Learning Management System. This system makes it easy to deliver and track our elearning content, and our clear and concise reports give you access to the data you need for compliance or management reports.
Contact us for more information