Combat unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race
Darren is the only black member in his team. His performance is as good as, if not better than, anyone else's in the team, but his boss has issues with him. Is his boss in danger of discriminating on the grounds of Darren's race?
The Equality Act 2010 makes it illegal to discriminate against employees, job seekers or trainees on the grounds of race.
This exclusive training solution, available in e-learning and video formats, provides guidance on best practice in the workplace and emphasises the value of an inclusive workplace.
It is aimed at employees of all levels, including foundation level employees, HR managers, diversity specialists, trainers and advisers, senior managers/executives and operational managers/executives.
This course doesn't just consider organisations' and individuals' responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010 – it looks beyond compliance. The course content and structure will ensure that your staff gain the knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a diverse team.
Course Content Includes
- The benefits of a diverse workforce
- Saying the right thing
- Harassment and victimisation
- Breaking down barriers
- A series of 5 dramatised scenarios to trigger discussion and reflection.
- The Equality Act 2010
- Tackling stereotypes and preconceptions
- Taking effective action against discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- Dealing with racism from customers and service users
- Exploration of themes through dramatised case studies.
- Developing Leadership Skills – How to manage people effectively
- Get That Job – A practical guide to the job search process
- It's About Time - How to achieve more – in less time and with less stress
- Relating To Your Customers – How to meet and exceed customer expectations
- The Resilient Mindset – Face the future with confidence
- Under Pressure – Successfully coping with stress
- Valuing Diversity in Teams – How to ensure effective team-working
- Your Next Step – Develop your career within your organisation
- Assert Yourself – How to communicate effectively
- The Write Way – How to write effective correspondence and other documents
- Performance Appraisal – Constructive staff feedback to help unlock individual potential
- Social Media in the Workplace – Managing the impact and use of social media in the workplace
- The requirements of the Equality Act 2010
- Race and culture as being key issues within the workplace.
- Appropriate behaviour in relation to creating an inclusive workplace.
- The importance of equality of opportunity within the career development processes and how honest, objective appraisals will support this.
- The main barriers to career development for many minority or ethnic groups.
- The knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a diverse team.
Our off-the-shelf elearning courses combine video drama with documentary sequences and interactive study to provide flexible, cost-effective training that delivers results.
- Powerful drama trigger scenes
- Expert commentary and analysis
- Flexible interactive learning modules
- Step-by-step assessment
- Customisation to suit your organisation's needs
- Low cost per head
Many of our e-learning courses have a corresponding video-based trainer resource.
Our Elearning courses are built to be fully SCORM compliant, which means they will upload and run seamlessly on your in-house Learning Management System.
Alternatively, we can host the courses for you on our own user-friendly, web-based Learning Management System. This system makes it easy to deliver and track our elearning content, and our clear and concise reports give you access to the data you need for compliance or management reports.
Contact us for more information