Respecting lesbian, gay and bisexual people in the workplace
Are your LGB staff suffering unfair treatment?
Tony, who is gay, works in the kitchens of a large hotel. He has to take a lot of banter from his other straight colleagues, both male and female, that borders on harassment, and his boss constantly avoids the issue. How do you ensure people recognise the grey line between harmless banter and offensive behaviour and deal with it appropriately?
More than one in twenty people in the current UK workforce are lesbian, gay or bisexual (LGB)
The Equality Act 2010 outlaws discrimination in the workplace on the basis of sexual orientation.
This exclusive training solution, available in e-learning and video formats, demonstrates how treating people with respect and dignity creates a working environment which is both pleasant and productive. The course covers a comprehensive range of sexual orientation topics. It is aimed at employees of all levels, including foundation level employees, HR managers, diversity specialists, trainers and advisers, senior managers/ executives and operational managers/executives.
Sexual Orientation will help employees to work successfully with lesbian, gay and bisexual colleagues and customers. The course content and structure explains the legal obligations of all levels of staff and demonstrates how creating a comfortable climate at work will benefit everyone, whatever their sexual orientation.
E-learning Part 1 includes:
- Handling harassment
- Unlawful harassment on the basis of sexual orientation
- Defeating discrimination
- Understand why lesbian, gay and bisexual (LGB) people shouldn't be expected to hide their sexuality
- Respect the right of confidentiality of LGB people in the workplace.
Part 2 includes
- The Equality Act 2010
- Case studies
- Assessment quiz.
- Developing Leadership Skills – How to manage people effectively
- Get That Job – A practical guide to the job search process
- It's About Time - How to achieve more – in less time and with less stress
- Relating To Your Customers – How to meet and exceed customer expectations
- The Resilient Mindset – Face the future with confidence
- Under Pressure – Successfully coping with stress
- Valuing Diversity in Teams – How to ensure effective team-working
- Your Next Step – Develop your career within your organisation
- Assert Yourself – How to communicate effectively
- The Write Way – How to write effective correspondence and other documents
- Performance Appraisal – Constructive staff feedback to help unlock individual potential
- Social Media in the Workplace – Managing the impact and use of social media in the workplace
'Sexual Orientation: Respecting lesbian, gay and bisexual people in the workplace' will enable your staff to have a better understanding of:
- The legal and moral responsibilities of all levels of staff
- Why certain behaviours are inappropriate
- Why it is no defence to say you did not intend to cause distress
- The fact that more than one in twenty people are lesbian, gay or bisexual
- Why you can't always be sure of someone's sexual orientation, and therefore should not make assumptions
- The knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a diverse team.
Our off-the-shelf elearning courses combine video drama with documentary sequences and interactive study to provide flexible, cost-effective training that delivers results.
- Powerful drama trigger scenes
- Expert commentary and analysis
- Flexible interactive learning modules
- Step-by-step assessment
- Customisation to suit your organisation's needs
- Low cost per head
Many of our e-learning courses have a corresponding video-based trainer resource.
Our Elearning courses are built to be fully SCORM compliant, which means they will upload and run seamlessly on your in-house Learning Management System.
Alternatively, we can host the courses for you on our own user-friendly, web-based Learning Management System. This system makes it easy to deliver and track our elearning content, and our clear and concise reports give you access to the data you need for compliance or management reports.
Contact us for more information