Move beyond disability awareness to become disability confident
Would staff in your organisation know the right way to deal with a customer or colleague with a physical or visual impairment and be comfortable about doing so rather than feel awkward or embarrassed?
This learning resource provides the practical steps you need to take in order to serve disabled customers, and to work with disabled colleagues and staff.
This exclusive training resource provides guidance on best practice in the workplace and emphasises the value of a diverse workforce.
Please contact us if you would like more information on how to order video clips and DVDs.
This video covers a comprehensive range of disability-related topics. It is aimed at employees of all levels including foundation level employees, HR managers, diversity specialists, trainers and advisers, senior managers/executives and operational managers/executives.
This video doesn't just explain the requirement under the Equality Act 2010 - it looks beyond compliance. The content and structure will ensure that your staff gain the knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a disability confident team.
The video Includes
- Visiting disabled customers at home
- People with visual, hearing and mobility impairment
- People who have mental health problems
- People with disfigurement
'Disability Confident: Working with disabled customers and colleagues' will enable your staff to have a better understanding of::
- Disability being a key issue for all staff, not just those responsible for facilities.
- Attitudes to disability.
- The requirements of the Equality Act 2010
- The most appropriate ways to work with disabled colleagues and how to communicate and serve disabled customers.
- The types of 'reasonable adjustments' that need to be made for staff and customers with disabilities.
- Promoting appropriate behaviour in relation to deliberate bullying and harassment.
- The knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a diverse team.
Please contact us if you would like more information on how to order DVDs or video clips.
Video Clip Library
Our video clip library of over 140 training scenarios covering equality, diversity and inclusion, bullying and harassment, personal performance and well-being and workplace skills, lets you 'pick and mix' individual clips to add impact to your in-house e-learning and presentations.
Access our extensive catalogue of powerful drama-based video scenarios, documentary case studies, real-life testimony and expert analysis to enhance your in-house e-learning, presentations and training workshops.
Our clips can be delivered in a format to suit all computers, networks and mobile devices.
These video clips go hand in hand with our video-based training courses to provide a powerful and effective way to build core skills in a face-to-face group environment. All courses include
- Drama trigger scenes
- Expert commentary and analysis
- Personal testimony
- Structured discussion and reflection points to consolidate key learning points
- Customisation available to suit your needs
- Full trainer notes