Getting to grips with the concept of unconscious bias is an important and critical step in creating fair and inclusive workplaces.
To do this, we need to create a climate in which issues of bias can be discussed openly, calmly and rationally. Demonstrating a willingness to examine our own personal prejudices is integral to understanding the roots of stereotypes and bias in the workplace.
Our new blended learning programme examines how and why people are biased and the impact this has on relationships, decisions and organisations in general.
It's designed to:
- Raise awareness of bias in people and organisations
- Examine the impact of prejudice in decision-making
- Demonstrate ways in which we can reduce, if not eliminate, bias in our decision-making.
Please contact us if you would like more information on how to order video clips and DVDs.
This video is designed to raise awareness on a very difficult topic: our preferences and our bias.
The premise of this training is that unless we explore the nature of relationships, perceptions and prejudices we will never make sufficient progress to create truly diverse and inclusive organisations.
It is based on the fact that we are all biased. That is everyone, without exception.
This training is intended to enable us to improve the quality of our decision-making, ensuring that we eliminate irrelevant factors that may influence our conclusions.
Understanding Bias is a new tool to help organisations deal with the real business problem of equality and diversity and work towards becoming culturally competent.
The course includes visual illusions which offer a compelling insight into how our brains process information and the shortcuts we take. This, as in everything with our training, is backed up with research evidence.
- A drama scenario which shows how even an organisation that prides itself in 'doing the right thing' in terms of Diversity can fall under the spell of unconscious bias.
- Individual scenes look at “pressure points” when bias is more likely to have an impact including recruitment, performance review and induction.
- A number of case studies are also used to apply the principles in real life situations followed by a discussion about the actions people can take after the training.
Please contact us if you would like more information on how to order DVDs or video clips.
Video Clip Library
Our video clip library of over 140 training scenarios covering equality, diversity and inclusion, bullying and harassment, personal performance and well-being and workplace skills, lets you 'pick and mix' individual clips to add impact to your in-house e-learning and presentations.
Access our extensive catalogue of powerful drama-based video scenarios, documentary case studies, real-life testimony and expert analysis to enhance your in-house e-learning, presentations and training workshops.
Our clips can be delivered in a format to suit all computers, networks and mobile devices.
These video clips go hand in hand with our video-based training courses to provide a powerful and effective way to build core skills in a face-to-face group environment. All courses include
- Drama trigger scenes
- Expert commentary and analysis
- Personal testimony
- Structured discussion and reflection points to consolidate key learning points
- Customisation available to suit your needs
- Full trainer notes