Religion and Belief Elearning Course
Religion and Belief
Respecting and accommodating faith and belief in the workplace
Religion and belief affects everyone in the workplace.
What do you do when one of your staff members regularly washes his feet at work before praying and this makes his colleagues feel uncomfortable? How do you help them all handle the situation?
Enabling people of different beliefs to work together in harmony
The UK has a greater religious diversity than any other country in the European Union, but this is a strength, not a problem. Our training package helps organisations with the challenge of enabling people of different beliefs to work together in harmony.
This practical but sensitive training solution, available in e-learning and video formats, provides guidance on best practice in the workplace and emphasises the value of an inclusive workplace. It is aimed at employees of all levels, including foundation level employees, HR managers, diversity specialists, trainers and advisers, senior managers/ executives and operational managers/executives.
This course doesn't just consider organisations' and individuals' responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010 - it looks beyond compliance. The course content and structure will ensure that your staff gain the knowledge and skills necessary to accommodate religious beliefs in the workplace and to work successfully as part of a diverse team.
Course content includes
- Introducing different religions and beliefs
- Accommodating religion and belief in the workplace
- A series of three dramatised scenarios to trigger discussion and reflection
- Interactive exercises
- Assessment quiz.
- Developing Leadership Skills – How to manage people effectively
- Get That Job – A practical guide to the job search process
- It's About Time - How to achieve more – in less time and with less stress
- Relating To Your Customers – How to meet and exceed customer expectations
- The Resilient Mindset – Face the future with confidence
- Under Pressure – Successfully coping with stress
- Valuing Diversity in Teams – How to ensure effective team-working
- Your Next Step – Develop your career within your organisation
- Assert Yourself – How to communicate effectively
- The Write Way – How to write effective correspondence and other documents
- Performance Appraisal – Constructive staff feedback to help unlock individual potential
- Social Media in the Workplace – Managing the impact and use of social media in the workplace
'Religion and Belief: Respecting and accommodating faith and belief in the workplace' will enable your staff to have a better understanding of:
- Employers' and employees' obligations under the Equality Act 2010
- The variety of religions and beliefs
- Religious beliefs in the workplace as being a key aspect of equal opportunities and diversity strategies
- Certain behaviours which might be unlawful and also damaging to general well-being in the workplace
- Employees who do not have religious beliefs, and the right to be respected and treated no less favourably than their religious colleagues
- The knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a diverse team.
Our off-the-shelf elearning courses combine video drama with documentary sequences and interactive study to provide flexible, cost-effective training that delivers results.
- Powerful drama trigger scenes
- Expert commentary and analysis
- Flexible interactive learning modules
- Step-by-step assessment
- Customisation to suit your organisation's needs
- Low cost per head
Many of our e-learning courses have a corresponding video-based trainer resource.
Our Elearning courses are built to be fully SCORM compliant, which means they will upload and run seamlessly on your in-house Learning Management System.
Alternatively, we can host the courses for you on our own user-friendly, web-based Learning Management System. This system makes it easy to deliver and track our elearning content, and our clear and concise reports give you access to the data you need for compliance or management reports.
Contact us for more information